RBI Grade B (ESI) Exam Paper Year 2017 - (2 Mark Questions)
1. Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan focused on understanding the root cause
Ans: non-payment of wages to workers employed by the government
2. RTI Act 20015, relaxed the information disclosure in India was restricted by the
Ans: Official Secrets Act 1923
3. The slogan of the RTI movement in India and was
Ans: the right to know is the right to live".
4. As a result of National Campaign For The People’s Right To Information, which Act was passed by the parliament of India?
Ans: National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
5. How many member where there from RBI in the Monetary Policy Committee that unanimously declined a meeting with finance ministry officials ahead of the second bi—monthly policy review of 2017—18?
6. What is the tenure of the members of the Monetary Policy Committee?
Ans: Three years
7. The MPC was formed in September 2016 to decide on the repo rate with a clear mandate to get headline inflation down to
Ans: 4 per cent
8. Jawahar Rozgar Yojna was launched on April 1, 1989 by merging
Ans: National Rural Employment Program (NREP) and Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme
9. Jawahar Rozgar Yojna aimed at providing Employment per person particularly in backward districts for
Ans: 90-100 Days
10. In which Yojana was Jawahar Rozgar Yojna merged in 2001
Ans: Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojna
11. The Global Gender Gap Report is published by
Ans: World Economic Forum
12. In Global Gender Gap Index, how many keys are used to calculate gender gap between women and men?
Ans: 4 Keys; health, education, economy and politics.
13. What was India’s rank in Global Gender Gap Index 2016 and which country topped it?
Ans: 87, Iceland
14. Under Pan-India implementation of Maternity Benefit Program, how much financial aid is given to the All eligible Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers and in how many installments?
Ans: 5000/-., 3 Installments
15. How many cities were selected in the first phase under the ‘Central Schme’ of HRIDAY?
16. What is the duration of the Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana?
Ans: 4 years
17. Rural India's version of Startup India was named the
Ans: Deen Dayal Upadhyay Swaniyojan Yojana
18. To endorse the Startup India campaign, which magazine was launched and in which year?
Ans: The Cofounder, was launched in 2016.
19. Under startup India scheme, modified and more friendly Bankruptcy Code to ensure ____ exit window?
20. According to the World Investment Report 2016 by the United Nations Conference for Trade and Development (UNCTAD), what is India’s rank?
21. In the automatic route of FDI in India, FDI is allowed without prior approval of
22. Name the two people who brought FDI in India?
Ans: Manmohan Singh and P. V. Narasimha Rao
23. Which initiative of Government of India is responsible of increased FDI inflow in India?
Ans: Make in India
24. The cluster in the above passage can be
25. Which scheme was launched taking cognizance of these clusters?
Ans: Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission (SPMRM)
26. What replaced planning commission in India?
Ans: NITI Ayog
27. The initiatives of NITI Ayog include a road map of
Ans: 15 years
28. What is the name of the initiative started to invite globally reputed policy makers, experts, administrators to India to share their knowledge, expertise, experience in policy making and good governance with Indian counterparts?
Ans: NITI Lectures: Transforming India.
29. In this regard, where was Asia’s first the Export Processing Zone
Ans: Kandla in 1965
30. With a view to attract larger foreign investments in India, the Special Economic Zones (SEZs) Policy was announced in
Ans: April 2000
31. The developer submits the proposal for establishment of SEZ to the concerned State Government. The State Government has to forward the proposal with its recommendation within ______from the date of receipt of such proposal to the Board of Approval.
Ans: 45 days
32. Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK) is a health programme for adolescents, in the age group of
Ans: 10-19 year
33. The Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram was launched in
34. The Index of Industrial Production is prepared by
Ans: Central Statistical Organisation
35. Name the three sectors of IIP.
Ans: mining, manufacturing and electricity sectors.